1st CYRENE Hackathon Terms and Conditions
Centro Ricerche FIAT Scpa of the Stellantis Group organizes the Hackathon event (hereinafter “Competition”, “Hackathon”) which will be held online. Centro Ricerche FIAT Scpa is a member of the CYRENE project consortium. All members of the project consortium participate in the organizational activities of the Hackathon.
When registering for the Competition, interested parties explicitly accept the rules of the Competition. The following rules are applied:
To participate in the Competition, the following eligibility criteria is applied:
- Attendees from all genders, age and geographies are welcome.
- The following skills are mandatory:
- Programming in Python or any other language
- Data mining skills
- Network Science skills
- Machine learning skills
- The following skills are nice-to-have:
- Business Process Modelling skills
- Cybersecurity skills
- The members of CYRENE project consortium are not eligible to participate in the hackathon. However, they may assist to participants as mentors during the coding/development phase.
- There is no country restriction but attendees must be eligible to receive prizes.
- The registration is oriented to individuals, but in case of a high number of participants, the CYRENE consortium reserves the rights to create teams. Any decisions related to forming teams will be made in due time and properly announced.
- All applications will be taken into consideration. The organizer and CYRENE project consortium will decide on eligible participants for the Competition, at their free discretion.
- Registrations are accepted until 11th October, h 23:59 CET. Applications sent after this deadline will not be taken in consideration.
The Hackathon will be held on 14-15 of October, 2021. The duration of the Hackathon is 24 hours. The participants themselves allocate available resources for the purpose of the project development. All competitors are suggested to use one or more of open-source resources while competing:
- Pandas, Python data analysis tool https://pandas.pydata.org/
- Seaborn, tool for visualisation in Python, https://seaborn.pydata.org/
- Matplotlib, tool for visualisation in Python, https://matplotlib.org/
- NetworkX, graph analysis tool in Python, https://networkx.org/
- scikit-learn, machine learning tool in Python, https://scikit-learn.org/
The topic of the Hackathon is publicly available here.
VIOLATION OF COMPETITION RULES
The organizer of the competition reserves the right, in its own discretion, in case of violation of any of the rules that are significantly used during the competition, to disqualify a competitor that has committed violation of rules. Violations of the competition rules include, but not limited to:
- False information has been provided during the registration process
- The developed project contains copyright infringement
- All features of presented projects must be created during the Competition. The only exceptions will be materially open to the public. Any kind of violation of this rule will lead to disqualification.
- Developed work contain illegal, threatening, pornographic, harassing, racially or ethnically valuable content or content that encourages the conduct of these kinds, as well as any content that may be considered a criminal offence, content that violates any law, or is otherwise inappropriate.
- Developed work contains viruses, trojans, or other malicious pieces of code
An Evaluation Committee made of partners from the CYRENE consortium will judge the best ideas based on the criteria such as:
- Used methodology
- Analysis results
- Algorithm performance
- Quality and structure of the code
The Evaluation Committee’s decisions in the hackathon, including the decision regarding the winners of the challenge, are final and binding in all matters regarding the hackathon and cannot be appealed.
Any developed work at the Competition should be presented. The presentation template will be provide by the CYRENE consortium as well as guidelines for the presentation. Expected duration of the presentation will be appropriately addressed in due time.
The best 3 ideas will be rewarded and the prizes will be announced later on.
RIGHT OF OWNERSHIP
The participants shall retain ownership of Intellectual and Industrial Property Rights (including Moral Rights) and its Intellectual Property used and/or incorporated in the developed idea, including documentation, submitted for evaluation in the hackathon. However, by entering the Hackathon, participants acknowledge and agree that members of the CYRENE consortium may have and/or be developing or commissioning materials and/or ideas similar or identical to developed idea during the Hackathon. Participants waive any claims they may have resulted from any such similarities to Entrant(s)’s Concept.
RIGHT TO CANCEL
The CYRENE consortium reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify and suspend the hackathon at their absolute discretion and without any liability whatsoever to any participants or third party connected with the participants. If the participants want to cancel their participation in the hackathon, they are obligated to inform the organizers without delay, also providing an explanation for their cancellation. Once the evaluation after the final presentation is performed, the participation withdrawal is not possible.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
All personal data that will be collected form the Hackathon participants ill be processed for the purpose of organizing the Competition and enabling participation in this event. Personal data processing we will be conducted it with utmost caution and complaint with all applicable laws. We will adhere to all principles and rules laid down by the European Data Protection regulatory framework and the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’).
The ground for lawful processing of participants’ data is consent provided during the registration process. After completion of activities necessary for successful organization of the Hackathon all personal data will be permanently deleted.
This overview was last updated on September 22, 2021
Project Coordinator: Sofoklis Efremidis
Institution: Maggioli SPA
Duration: 36 months
Participating organisations: 14
Number of countries: 10
Join @CYRENE_H2020 at the #CyberHOT #SummerSchool 2022 on September 29-30, 2022, under the auspices of the @nmiotc, and advance your #security knowledge to practical, effective #cyber incident expertise! Registrations are open:Read More
@CYRENE_H2020 partners gathered for their 6th plenary #meeting on Thursday the 16th and Friday the 17th of June 2022, in Chania, Greece. The consortium members took the chance to meet face-to-face for the first time! The meeting was hosted by #TSIRead More
📢New Blogpost! In this article, Dr. Sofia Karagiorgou from @UBITECH_GR explains the Multiple Visual Analytics over Dark Web and how this is utilized in CYRENE. Read the article here: #Cybersecurity #supplychains #supplychainmanagement #darkwebRead More
There are several attacks regarding #IoT devices: Man-in-the-Middle Attacks, Eavesdropping, Firmware hijacking, DDoS, Physical tampering...We will try to detect some of them using the @CYRENE_H2020 integrated system in the next period setting the appropriate pilot casesRead More
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation program under grant agreement No 952690. The website reflects only the view of the author(s) and the Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains.