CyberHot Summer School sponsored by CYRENE
September 27-28th, 2021
The CyberHOT training summer school, took place on the 27th and 28th Sept. 2021. It was organized by the Security Research Lab, University of Piraeus, and the Microprocessor and Hardware Lab, Technical University of Crete under the auspices of the 5th NMIOTC Cyber Security Conference in the Maritime Domain which will follow on 29th and 30th September 2021.
- Theory of basic concepts, inventories of threats and vulnerabilities (from non-technical to technical).
- Introduction of main principles of digital forensics investigation practices and tools
- Demonstrations of:
- specific attack scenarios (e.g. in maritime sector) using various tools (e.g. Logstail, Elasticsearch, Wazuh, Snort) to monitor the attack
- the variety of the mitigation actions (technical controls, processes, procedures)
vulnerability assessment tools (e.g. network vulnerability scanner, operating system vulnerability scanners, blackbox application exploitation) using real-life scenarios.
- Labs on the topics of:
- attack management process exploration using the above-mentioned tools using real life scenarios.
- using an open source tool (e.g. mitigate) conduct risk assessment of a maritime organization (e.g. port).
- building a security policy, Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP).
- digital forensics in practice on a scenario that analyses a synthetic dataset that includes 100 phone calls and related metadata (i.e., CDR info).
CYRENE sponsored the event with content for the sessions such as real life scenarios from the maritime industry and trainers such as Elma Kalogeraki from the Maggioli Group and Nineta Polemi from Focal Point sprl, since the topic is in the main interests of the project objectives in terms of creating and enhancing people’s skills for resolving addressing and tackling future cyber security challenges.
Project Coordinator: Sofoklis Efremidis
Institution: Maggioli SPA
Duration: 36 months
Participating organisations: 14
Number of countries: 10
🚨ATTENTION: 📢 New Dates for the CYRENE 2nd #Hackathon organized by #CRF! 📅16&17/02/23⌚09:00 and for 24hr 📍Remote. For more information and registration check the link: #CYRENE2ndHackathon https://t.co/MD9hBLkKotRead More
🚨ATTENTION: 📢 New Dates for the CYRENE 2nd #Hackathon organized by #CRF! 📅16&17/02/23⌚09:00 and for 24hr 📍Remote. For more information and registration check the link: #CYRENE2ndHackathon https://t.co/wsu7PjyXYNRead More
🚨ATTENTION: 📢 New Dates for the CYRENE 2nd #Hackathon organized by #CRF! 📅16&17/02/23⌚09:00 and for 24hr 📍Remote. For more information and registration check the link: #CYRENE2ndHackathon https://t.co/Zc6sOMz7S4Read More
CYRENE #OpenCall #Webinar on November 28th, 10:00 - 12:00 CET, online. learn more about the unique funding opportunity that the @CYRENE_H2020 offers to small and medium-sized companies (SMEs) Register today: to learn more https://t.co/vnNocOgdVoRead More
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation program under grant agreement No 952690. The website reflects only the view of the author(s) and the Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains.